Sunday, August 4, 2013

My First Rodeo

Washington County had their fair and rodeo this past week.  The Fair ran from July 31 - Aug. 4th.  Saturday wrapped up the week's events with a parade through town and the final night of RODEO!  (Did I mention that Rodeo is really, really, BIG out here in Idaho?)  So, wanting to assimilate to and understand the local culture better, Bryan and I attended the Cambridge Rodeo 2013 on Saturday night.

I am truly impressed with how the entire county comes out to support the FFA and 4-H groups and how everyone pulls together to celebrate a good time centered around the county fair and Rodeo.  It was a really good time!

To let you be able to savor a little taste of my first Rodeo, I shall post for you some video clips of some of the events.  A good time was had by all.

Oh, before I post the event clips...I have to tell ya...the "Pre-Rodeo Muttin' Bustin" event whereby little kids, both boys and girls aged 3 to 7, competed to see who could ride a sheep the longest.  All I can say is...OH MY!  (Bri, Sam, & Jenae...though a 4 year old little girl won the event...I would have NEVER allowed you to participate in "Muttin Bustin".)  Some of those little guys were nearly trampled by the sheep when it bucked them off.  Yeash!!!!  Those rides were literally only brief seconds, so I did not get video.  Anyway....

Here is some Cambridge Rodeo 2013 Event Video footage for your viewing pleasure.  Enjoy!

Well?....?.....?
Okay...never mind.  I keep getting error message...so I suppose my video clip files are too large and/or my connection isn't strong enough to upload them. RATS.  I know you would have enjoyed the rodeo footage I took.  Oh well, I tried.

I suppose you'll just have to ask me to show it to you when I'm in PA.  It's on my computer, so I will be happy to show you my videos of Bronc Riding, Tie Down Roping, Breakaway Roping, Team Roping, Steer Wresting, Barrel Racing and Bull Riding.  Oh yes, and I caught the "High Country Riders" impressive half time performance (to a Michael W. Smith song.)...And the little kids stick horse race was adorable too!  (They call all the kids down who want to participate in the race and they let them run with stick horses.  Very cute.)  I am impressed by the way the entire community truly supports and encourages the kids. The kids all looked like they were having a lot of fun. It was a good time!

This may be my last post from Idaho for the summer since Bryan and I are "heading East"  in a week.  Bryan has some contract jobs to complete, and then we'll come "home to Idaho", leaving PA end of September.

We're hoping to start moving stuff into the house on Wednesday.  Carpet goes in the Bedroom Tuesday.  Yeah!  The end is near.  (Although, "end" is not an accurate word as many dangling projects will need to be completed upon our return in October.  Sigh!  Thus goes new construction when you're doing it yourself and not taking a mortgage.)

Despite the hassles, all is well.  We truly are greatly blessed.
See some of you in a few weeks.

P.S. - Here's a link to the Washington County Website out here where you can get a little flavor re: the events and my week enjoying the fair and rode.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting a great taste of the great West!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Dad totally would have let us do the Muttin' Bustin' event when you were out of town;)

    ReplyDelete