Thursday, September 10, 2015

Baby Bunnies: Hello & Goodbye

Halua had a litter of four kits on August 21st.
One week later, despite feeding those four kits (and the kits being healthy), Halua died.  She must have had complications from that delivery; even though from outward appearances, she seemed okay.

 In this picture the baby bunnies are newborn.
Despite my trying to feed the 1 week old baby bunnies with KRM formual (Kitten replacement Milk)
three of those 4 baby bunnies died five days later.  I thought that they all died and was preparing to bury them BUT.....
ONE little bunny was still moving.  Barely alive...I revived the tiny thing and he/she is now almost 3 weeks old!

I have named him/her "Alpiann ma Marjaza.  (In keeping with my Arabic language named rabbits.)
It means "Resurrection Miracle" because it's as if this one bunny was resurrected from the dead.
(I'll call it Marjaza for short. :-) )

And though I now will not have any baby bunnies to sell at Northwest Fiber Fusion, an event in Washington the weekend of October 16 - 18th.  I will still be able to hostess an educational booth at the event which will educate attendees on the joy of English Angora rabbits and the super luxurious angora wool that they produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment