Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bald Eagle - I named him Bruce.

The bald eagle that I first saw flying past my kitchen window as I washed dishes last Thursday, must be a resident.  He was soaring back and forth over the house on Sunday.  Very, very cool.  (Although, I did think about Kelby and wondered if the eagle may consider her supper.  Nah.  She's 40 pounds. Ha ha.)  I will try to get a picture of Bruce (the name I gave this eagle, after a friend of ours in PA.)  I am thrilled that the eagle lives nearby and has a regular flight path over my house.

The fall colors are beautiful right now.  Temps are dipping near freezing at night time.  I'll be glad to get the propane gas log fireplace hooked up.

We're enjoying getting to know people.  We attended a progressive supper at our church two weeks ago. We're also enjoying inviting friends and neighbors over. I'll be attending a ladies retreat up in McCall this weekend and anticipate a fun time of connecting more deeply with women from church.  Bryan has been going to Pastor Roger's house on Monday nights to watch football.  So, we're settling in fairly well.  As I type this, Bryan is working on setting the railings for my office in the loft.  I'll feel even more settled once my "control center" is unpacked and organized.  I'm getting a little weary of searching through various bins for that important piece of paperwork that I know that I saved...."somewhere".  This too shall pass.  It's the joys of moving.  I'll try to post more pictures soon.

Oh, and among those future pictures will be pictures of baby bunnies.  My chocolate tort doe, Tia, had seven babies on Sunday night.  (If the bunnies ever get out they definitely would be lunch for Bruce, so I'll be watching them carefully. :-) )

Until next post, enjoy life and remember us in your prayers as we remember you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment